On the Doorstep: 5 fighters who could make MMA big leagues with March wins
Every champion in MMA history started out somewhere.
For those who make it to the highest stage, the journey starts long before they strap on UFC or Bellator gloves. Modern-era fighters progress through the regional ranks with hopes of accomplishing the highest accolades. Many will try, but few will succeed.
This month, five fighters on the verge of achieving major-promotion notoriety return to the cage for what could be their stepping stone fights. There are dozens of fighters inches away from making the jump in the coming weeks, but these five are particularly exemplary.
- An undefeated Oklahoma finisher who’s stepping into the LFA cage for the first time.
- A young English champion looks to keep his finishing streak alive in his first Cage Warriors title defense.
- A Tennessean whose MMA journey kicked off in an unlikely fashion hopes to extend his win streak to three.
- Flying under-the-radar, a slick Texas-based striker takes on arguably his toughest test to date.
- A CFFC champion from Brazil hopes his first title defense will punch his ticket into the UFC.
Scroll through the following pages to see the five fighters who this month find themselves on the doorstep:
5 months ago